The Ultimate Men’s Guide to Punta Cana Nightlife
If you’re looking for Punta Cana nightlife tips and tricks, you’ve come to the perfect place. Not only do I know where to go out in Punta Cana, I’m going to show you how to meet some chicks that don’t even want your money!
Plus, you won’t find this type of information anywhere online. See, most of the information about nightlife in Punta Cana is centered around shows, tours, and all that shit. I’m going to show you where to go if you want to get laid in Punta Cana.
This is the men’s guide to Punta Cana nightlife. Whether you’re rolling solo, on a family vacation, or headed down to the DR on a boys trip – this info will make finding cuties at night in Punta Cana easier than ever before.
The nightlife here is legendary if you know where to look. After going out solo in Punta Cana on multiple occasions, I can help you with that. From Dominican girls to tourists in vacation mode, there’s every type of girl here.
What to Expect From Nightlife in Punta Cana
Now, before you head off the resort to party, we need to talk a little bit about what nightlife in Punta Cana is like and what you can expect. Punta Cana is much bigger than people imagine, especially with resorts so spread out.
Some resorts have nightclubs on location, while other nightlife options in Punta Cana require you to move around a bit. Here’s everything you need to know about Punta Cana nightlife:
All Types of Music
You’ll find all types of music throughout nightlife venues in Punta Cana. From reggaeton to salsa to electronic music and top-40 hits – there’s a lot of variety here. For the most part, the mega clubs that cater to international tourists will play a lot of electronic and top-40.
If you hit up the more local spots in Punta Cana, you’ll find more Latin music. Reggaeton, bachata, merengue, and salsa are all popular at certain venues.
On & Off the Resort
Certain clubs are located in hotels and resorts. Places like Oro Nightclub and Mangu Disco are located at hotels and all-inclusive. They’re still open to people off the resort on most nights. Other places, like Coco Bongo and Imagine Disco, have separate facilities for their club.
Small bar/clubs, like Onno’s and Drink Point, are not associated with any hotels. Which places are better to meet chicks? Well, that just depends on what you want.
Not That Cheap
This isn’t Santiago de Los Caballeros. Nightlife in Punta Cana isn’t that cheap. Unless you’re sticking strictly to local spots, you should expect to spend $75 or more on a night out. This includes club entrance, a few drinks, and motoconcho service to and from where you’re staying.
That’s on the cheap end of the spectrum. If you want to buy a bottle at a mega club and roll around in an actual taxi, you could easily spend $300+ here. Again, $300 is on the low end of things. Ballers can easily spend over $1,000 on a night out here.
Now, you can do things much cheaper by partying at Drink Point, Onno’s, and Legacy. But most people will be on vacation and willing to ball out.
There are some giant clubs in Punta Cana that have gained worldwide recognition. Places like Coco Bongo, Imagine Punta Cana, and Oro Nightclub are not small establishments.
These places are often modelled after superclubs in places like Vegas and Miami. Some of these clubs can hold over 3,000 people in the venue. That’s a lot of partying locals and tourists! Punta Cana nightlife isn’t for the weak of heart.
Punta Cana is a tourist hotspot. I’ve yet to hear of any issues regarding tourists going out at night and having trouble. There’s sure to be some with the volume of tourists that come here. However, Punta Cana nightlife is pretty safe overall.
If you’re concerned about security, try to go out in groups from your resort. Most resorts can arrange transportation and lots of them will have many young people looking to go out every night.
Good English Levels
It’s a tourist place. So, you’ll find more people speak some level of English here than anywhere else in the Dominican Republic. You certainly don’t have to speak Spanish in Punta Cana to get laid.
That doesn’t mean it’s not beneficial. If you speak Spanish, you’ll have a much better chance to get laid with a local Dominican girl and not pay for it. There are lots of Dominican girls that party in Punta Cana, too. If you speak Spanish, you’ll have an inside track with these women.
If you plan to spend more than a week in Punta Cana, I’d recommend learning a little Spanish. My favorite program is Rocket Spanish. You’ll be conversational within 2-3 months using this program.
If you just want to learn Spanish for meeting women, then Pickup Spanish is absolutely ideal. With this program, you’ll be spitting Spanish like Don Juan in no time!
Tourist Trap Vibe
Just remember that Punta Cana is a tourist trap. Don’t expect to get a local experience. Don’t expect that every Dominican girl will throw herself at you in Punta Cana. In fact, foreigners don’t have great reputations here. So, it’s a little harder to meet local girls in Punta Cana than most places in the DR.
The Ultimate Guide to Punta Cana Nightlife in 2018/19
With that being said, nightlife in Punta Cana is still popping! There’s a chance you get laid every single night you go out here. While I still think online dating in Punta Cana is the easiest way to meet girls, there’s no denying the nightlife here is way more fun.
So, enough of the hype. It’s time to party! Let’s dive in and take a look at the best Punta Cana nightlife spots:
- Drink Point, Cortecito: Just outside of the Cortecito area, this is the spot where locals and tourists alike mix and mingle in Punta Cana. Drink Point was one of my favorite places in Punta Cana and I had a ton of success with the girls here. Some say it’s a spot for hookers, but I didn’t find that to be the case. Drink Point is cheap. So lots of local Dominicans come here when they want to chill with tourists and party.
- Imagine Disco: I don’t want to hype, but I’m going to hype. Imagine Disco may be the best place to get laid in all of Punta Cana. Why? Because they have open bar specials Thursday through Sunday nights. The place is massive and set inside a “cave” type thing. They bus in tourists from all the resorts and many a Dominican comes to. The mood gets rowdy quickly, as the open bar takes its toll on the crowd. If you want Dominican girls, come on Friday when they play Latin music. If you’re looking for tourists, the hip-hop nights on Sundays can be legendary in high season.
- Coco Bongo: It’s a show. It’s a disco. If you’re new to Punta Cana, at the resort with your Dominican girlfriend, or just want to check it out – Coco Bongo is actually pretty damn cool. The nightclub part is fun, too. However, I can’t say it’s easier to pick up here than other places. In fact, I didn’t pull both times I’ve ventured to Coco Bongo. But it is an open bar, too.
- Oro Nightclub, Hard Rock Hotel: Located in the Hard Rock All-Inclusive Resort, Oro Nightclub is not for those with light wallets. Still, they have open bars here most nights and you shouldn’t break the bank too much more than other places. It’s a massive club and truly one of the more high-end spots in all of the Dominican Republic, but that’s not why it made this list. Oro Nightclub is the place to go on Wednesdays in Punta Cana. Ladies drink free all night at Oro on Wednesday. Need I say more, fellas? This is a great spot if you want to get laid on Wednesday.
- Onno’s, Cortecito: Like all the Onno’s spots in the Dominican Republic, this place can get pretty lively at times. This is especially true during high season. While this Onno’s isn’t as fun as the one in Santo Domingo, I still had a few good nights here. This small bar/club is located in the Cortecito area.
- El Kan Drink House, Cortecito: This isn’t exactly a place to pick up women, but it has its benefits. Most people are sitting in groups of friends or dancing bachata. However, it’s a solid place to start the night and a great place to take a date. Local Dominican girls feel comfortable here and tourists girls like to go to a local spot. Plus, it’s cheap and popular. It’s located just a little outside the Cortecito area.
- Legacy Disco, Cortecito: This place is right next to Drink Point. So, you could easily go back and forth between the two. I know I did! It’s a decent sized place, but certainly not a megaclub. Music and vibe are fairly Dominican, although some tourists come here, too.
How to Spend Your Nights Partying In Punta Cana
I hope the above has helped you figure out where to party in Punta Cana. Punta Cana nightlife is legendary if you do things properly. But I don’t want to stop here. I want to give you the good shit to ensure you get laid on vacation in Punta Cana. So here are three more tips:
The Best Nights
If I was going to create a Punta Cana nightlife schedule, I’d venture it would look something like this:
- Wednesday: Oro Nightclub, it’s ladies’ night!
- Thursday: Imagine Disco or bars/clubs around Cortecito.
- Friday: Imagine Disco, it’s Latin night here and you’ll find some stunning Dominican women guaranteed.
- Saturday: Anywhere! Coco Bongo, Oro Nightclub, Imagine Disco, Drinks Point, etc.
- Sunday: Imagine Disco, as I’m a huge fan of hip-hop night here!
Megaclub or Cortecito?
Overall, you basically have two options when partying in Punta Cana. You can either visit a megaclub like Imagine, Oro, or Coco Bongo. Or you can spend some time in the smaller spots around Cortecito/Bavaro.
Personally, I’ve found both options to offer good times. It just depends on how you like to party. If you’re just in Punta Cana for a week and speak no Spanish, I’d recommend sticking with the megaclubs. These spots cater to tourists and are fairly safe.
If you speak Spanish and want to experience a slightly more Dominican experience, then the bars and clubs around Cortecito and Bavaro are ideal. Places like Drink Point and Legacy are sure to be a good time.
Online Dating For Days
Everybody wants to party on vacation, but if you want to get laid the nightlife in Punta Cana is no guarantee. To ensure you meet some women while enjoying the beaches, I couldn’t recommend online dating enough.
In Punta Cana, there are really only two solid online dating sites. I only recommend:
- Dominican Cupid
Tinder is great for meeting tourist chicks, Dominican girls on vacation, and foreign chicks working in Punta Cana. However, this isn’t an easy market. Every thirsty guy on vacation is using Tinder in Punta Cana. You’ll need to know some tips and tricks to get laid.
Dominican Cupid is amazing if you want to meet Dominican girls in Punta Cana. The site is filled to the brims with chicks that live next to Punta Cana. Just sign up for Dominican Cupid here and search for a city called “Higuey” when browsing girls.
It’s Time to Party in Punta Cana!
Nightlife in Punta Cana is no joke! There are thousands of tourists coming in every single week. The opportunities are endless. You just need to know where to go and how to take advantage of this crazy place. Use this Punta Cana nightlife guide to ensure you enjoy your tropical vacation with a few sexy Dominicanas by your side. The advice in this piece is tried and true. If you follow it, you will meet women in Punta Cana.
About the Author
Living and traveling around Latin America, Papi Chulo learned a thing or two about dating stunning Latinas. Now, he's sharing that information with the world. If you've ever wanted to meet stunning, exotic women - the time is now!